Saturday, April 17, 2010

A non-card project

Here's a little tidbit - I actually started out as a scrapbooker.  The cards came later.

I still create layouts now and then - most often as part of my Quickutz design team responsibilities (lately that's the sole reason most of my photos find their way onto scrapbook pages at all).  If you'd like a peek at that gallery look here (there's a good mix of projects - so if cards are your only interest you can choose the type of projects you're viewing on the left).

So I'm going to start a little non-card project following the Ali Edward's A Week in the Life concept.  I've completed one of these albums already - a few years ago when I attended CKU - lots has changed so it's probably a good time for an update!

I'm going to put about zero creative effort into designing this album - I'm following Ali's formula exactly.  You can find details about that here.  But I am going to make a card a day using the scraps left from the album and inspired by the page designs I'm going to use.  So that will give me something a little more original to share.

Here are the supplies I've chosen to use:


The best part is I'm only using supplies I already have on hand:
  • 8 1/2 X 11 album by We R Memory Keepers
  • Papers are all from Stampin' Up pulled from different packs of DSP
  • White cardstock from American Crafts - I bought a pack at Archiver's and found that the white is usually too bright for my taste but it works well here so I can finally use that up - yay!
  • Baseball card holders from my now defunct couponing craze.
I may purchase some digital elements - but not until I take a stab at creating them myself and then deciding that, as usual, Ali's are better.

I doubt I'll be posting my layouts each day - my plan is to collect, take notes and photos and assemble later.  But I'll be sure to share some of the album when it's complete - and all of the cards!

Hopefully by putting this out there it will force me to actually follow through - wish me luck!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails