Monday, February 15, 2010

Paper Piecing

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day!  I wish I could say that I didn't have a card to post yesterday because I was swept away in the romance of the day but really it was because I've been sick and had no desire to even sit down at my desk and create anything since last Tuesday!

But last night the mojo was back so I tried to do a few challenges that I hadn't missed.  Today's card was a challenge on Betsy Veldman's blog to incorporate paper piecing into your project.  I usually think of using die cuts for this kind of technique but I remember a particular stamp I had thought would be great for this.  Here's my final project:


A simple Hot Spot stamp from Archiver's and some pink patterned paper scraps is pretty much the whole store here!  And this is on a kraft cardstock base - although it seems to have some weird blue cast to it.

Thanks for looking!

Supplies
Stamps:  Basic Grey, Autumn Leaves
Paper:  Sam's Scrap Mountain ;)

2 comments:

Betsy V said...

Hi Samantha! What a fun card! I love the pieced leaves in all the shades of pink! Awesome job -- thanks for playing along!!

Betsy Veldman
Paper Crafts Go-to Gal

Daniela F. said...

Beautiful CAS card!! Love all the different patterned papers on the leaves :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails