Saturday, March 20, 2010

ColourQ Challenge #24

So this weeks challenge was a little tricky for me because I don't usually buy much in the way of in colors.  I have never taken the plunge with inks so it's cardstock only.


I had just received a Papertrey order and really wanted to use the Life set I just purchased but the idea in my head involved lots of white cardstock and colored ink.  I think I need to just suck it up and buy the in color inks - I wish they would just make a little set of cubes!

So I ended up with this:


The buttons ended up there because it just looked naked in that corner.  I really do love the Apricot and Coral together but I couldn't get the original idea out of my head so since everything was already out I made a few color substitutions and came up with this:


Ah - better.  In place of Baha Breeze I used Sage Shadow and in place of Rich Razzleberry I used Bravo Burgundy for the sentiment.

My tendency when it comes to color combinations like this is to use lots of one neutral color and little bits of all the other colors.  I have a hard time using a significant amount of any one color mixed with that many other choices.  Then I see other peoples cards and realize it can totally work - just not when I do it!

Supplies
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink
Ink:  Stampin' Up
Buttons:  Papertrey Ink

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails