Saturday, May 1, 2010

One Layer Wednesday (on Saturday)

I really did *make* the card on Wednesday it just took me this long to photograph it (and a devil of a time I had doing that - so excuse the fact it's a little lot blown out).  The challenge is from one of my favorite blogs, Simplicity, to create a one layer card using flock or glitter.  I decided to go with Stickles over the stamped images (and some sketch inspiration from Papercrafts Go-to Sketches):



I orginally just stamped the circles from PTI's Around & About Sentiments but it just seemed to need something so I added the grid (uneven on purpose because sometimes I get a little wild that way). 

If this weren't for a one layer card challenge I think I would have stamped each sentiment, circle punched them and then attached to the card with some dimensional adhesive.  So that's another option.

And since it is National Scrapbooking Day I will give you a quick update on my Week in the Life project.  I did manage to follow through for the entire week - yay me!!  I have all of my photos loaded and ready to order.  Here are a few favorites:


My oldest ready to dive in at aquatics therapy.


My youngest opening her princess dress from grandma on her birthday (grandma's are the best, no?)

Thanks for humoring me!

Supplies
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink, Stampin' Up
Ink:  Colorbox
Glitter:  Stickles

2 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

Adding the grid was a COOL idea! Thanks for playing along on the challenge!

And great pics of the girls! TFS

Susan said...

The grid was the perfect accent! I LOVE that it is "uneven"!

Related Posts with Thumbnails