Friday, May 21, 2010

Year of Flowers: Lily of the Valley



This Papertrey Ink set fell into the category of "I didn't think I needed it until I was shown the error of my ways by the design team" - please tell me this happens to other people. 

The very day it arrived I spent my night copying all of their creations - with my simple lazy twist.  So I'm happy to say within 24 hours of receiving this set every image had been used! 

Here is my only original creation.  I had one more seniment left to use and I just didn't want to color ALL of those little flowers so this was my way to cheat:



And here are my lazy-fied copies:

The first was Michelle Wooderson's botanical project found here.  Her project is far more detailed but I was too chicken to try and copy it exactly.  I used a Stampin-up blender pen w/ Certainly Celery and Sahara Sand ink to color the image:



Then there was all of the Nichole Heady goodness.  You can find all of the inspiration for these here.

I believe Nichole used Q-tips to apply the white ink to her flowers but mine were upstairs, dangerously close to my sleeping children so I used my blender pen again:



Next up was this version which required much less coloring:



And finally this no-coloring version (which probably ends up being one of my favorite).  Nichole's version used this for the inside of a card but I thought it would work on the outside just as well:



Whew!!  Now to move on to the rest of this months purchases!

Supplies
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink
Ink:  Stampin' Up, Memento
Markers:  Copic
Border punch:  Stampin' Up
Twine:  Papertrey Ink



3 comments:

Karen B. said...

Ooh my goodness, all your creations are wonderful, so glad you picked this stamp up. Thanks for the inspiration.

Susan Raihala said...

Bravo! You used all the images and did some amazing things with them! And like you, my favorite is the last one...so simple and perfect!

Jen Carter said...

Great job with all of these!! I think that the first one is my favorite!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails